DAY-1: Arrival at Chandigarh and drive to Shimla . 2,250 metres / 7,382 feet ( 120 kms 4 hrs).
On your arrival at Chandigarh railway station / airport you will be met by our driver and he will drive you to Shimla ( 4 hrs) via Barog, Solan. Enroute you will stop for lunch break at Barog ( 2 hrs from Chandigarh)and comfort breaks and would have enough time to stop for photo breaks. You will reach Shimla in the evening and will transfer to your hotel in Shimla. Overnight stay in Hotel in Shimla. Evening is free to explore the mall road of Shimla.
DAY-2: Shimla – Sarahan 2,150 metres / 7,055 feet, (170 kms / 9 hrs)
After breakfast at hotel we will set off at around 9:00A.M. Today it is a drive of 8-9 hrs, driving through the beautiful villages of Fagu, Theog, Matiana, Narkanda and Rampur. En route we will have many comfort breaks and will visit the Apple orchards and Hattu peak (3,400 metres/ 11,154 feet) at Narkanda, from where you can have a spectacular view of the mighty Central Himalayas and will also visit the traditional wodden carved temple of Godess Kali on the top. We will also stop by a small lake on the way to Hattu Peak. Later on we continue our drive to Sarahan via Rampur and enroute we will stop for lunch break and various picture breaks and comfort breaks.Sarahan – the tiny village offers the splendid views of Shrikhanda Mahadev Peak (5,155 metres). The major attraction in Sarahan is centuries-old Hindu temple of Godess Bhimakali. Steeped in legend, the temple complex is a resplendent example of hill architecture. Sarahan is also the gateway to Kinnaur valley.. Overnight stay in Hotel in Sarahan.
DAY-3: Sarahan – Sangla 2,680 metres / 8,792 feet, ( 90 kms / 5 hrs)
After breakfast at your hotel, we will visit the famous temple of Bhimakali at Sarahan. This is the same temple in which human sacrifices were made about two centuries ago. After visiting the temple we will continue driving to Sangla (4-5 hrs) where you will check in at your hotel or could also choose to stay in fixed luxury tented accommodation. After lunch you will be taken on a walk through Kamru and Sangla villages ( 1-2 hrs) and we will visit the beautifully carved old temples and Buddhist monasteries. You will have plenty of opportunity to speak to the local people in these valleys. The Sangla valley is also known as the Baspa Sangla valley, after river Baspa which flows through the valley and it is the part of Kinnaur valley. Overnight in luxury tented accommodation / hotel in Kinner in Sangla.
DAY-4: Sangla to Chitkul 3,450 metres / 11,318 feet and back to Sangla.
A day to have short comfortable walks around the area. This morning after breakfast we will be driving you to Chitkul ( 20 kms, total 1 hrs, each side – 3,450 metres / 11,318 feet.) which is the last village on Indian side on the Indo–Tibetan border. The village of Chitkul is like something from a fairy tale, and you will have a chance to walk slowly around it. The landscapes are stunning, and you will have plenty of time to enjoy them and talk to the local people. We will return to Sangla for lunch in the local restaurants and later the rest of the day is free to relax in the mountain landscape or if you like you can walk to another nearby villages or nature walk. We will have this second night at the same hotel / luxury tented accommodation at Sangla.
DAY-5: Sangla to Kalpa 2,758 metres / 9,048 feet, (40 kms).
After breakfast at the hotel you will be driven to Kalpa village (2-3 hrs.) Enroute we will stop at Recongpeo and will have a walk around the local market. Recongpeo is the district headquarters of Kinnaur district. We will have lunch in a local restaurant where you have a choice to enjoy Indian or Tibetian food. After lunch we will drive to kalpa ( 7 kms), you will check in to your hotel. Evening would be free to relax and explore the Kalpa village and to enjoy the finest views of the Mt. Kinner Kailash Mountain (6,000 metres). This is a spectacular sight early in the morning as the rising sun touches the snowy peaks with crimson and gold light.
DAY-6: Kalpa - Day at Lesuire. Kalpa Site Seeing
Today after breakfast you can choose to walk to the nearby Roghi village ( 3 kms) famous for its nature views and cliffs. These villages are covered with thick pine forests and are also famous for apricots and apples. The sights of Kinner Kailash Peak is a spectacular sight early in the morning as the rising sun touches the snowy peaks with crimson and gold light. Later on the driver will pick you up from Roghi village and will drive back to Kalpa village to the hotel for Lunch. Rest of thje day is free to relax your own and enjoying the mountain views from your hotel.
DAY-7: Kalpa to Shimla 2,250 / 7385 feet, ( 219 kms- 10 hrs).
Today after breakfast around 08:30 A.M be will drive you back to Shimla via Tapri, Jeori, Rampur, Narkanda. We will arrive Shimla by late evening.. Overnight in Hotel in Shimla.
DAY-8: Shimla to Chandigarh ( 120 kms / 4 hrs).
Today after breakfast you will be driven to Chandigarh airport railway station as per your flight / train Schedule to board your flight / train back home.
Important Note :
- This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
- In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
- Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Himachal Trip Experts. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.
Hotels In Manali
The Orchard Greens Manali
Hotels In Leh ladakh
The Grand Dragon Ladakh
How to book this tour
Himachal Trip Expert will come in to a contract with you after conformation of your booking. You can book this tour after paying at least 25% of the total tour Cost; remaining amount can be paid before the commencement of tour. Frequent customers may be exempted from the advance payment. The booking amount may be increased during the peak seasons.
The package is completely subject to availability at the time of making the booking. We do not hold any booking. The company will not be responsible for any Refund, Compensation or Claim for shortage of Tour Days or for Cancellation, Postponement, fog, Curfew and roadblock and landslides or any natural calamities beyond our control. The normal Cancellation charges will be applicable in such conditions. All Disputes will be subject to jurisdiction of courts in Shimla Only.
You can cancel Your Booking by email and request for Cancellation should receive our office by email from the person/representative of the person who made the booking.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days - the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days - the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It's purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peaks seasons, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation
Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.
Evergreen Himachal Tour & Travels
State Bank Of India
Evergreen Himachal Tour & Travels
Punjab National Bank