DAY-1: Delhi - Amritsar
Fly to Amritsar airport or take shatabadi express train from Delhi to Amritsar. On arrival at Amritsar airport/railway station our rep/drive will meet you and transfer to hotel. Afternoon witness the extraordinary joint retreat ceremony of the India and Pakistani guard and Indo-Pakistan board at Wagha. Evening visit the Historical Golden Temple.
DAY-2: Amritsar - Chamba 6/7 Hours drive
After breakfast a quick look at the temple again. Later drive to Chamba. Check in orchard Hut Chamba. One has to walk for half an hour from the road-head to reach your guest house.
DAY-3: Chamba - Chatrari - Bharmaur - Bharmani 4/5 hours drive
You spend the whole day on the road visiting some remote villages and temples. The drive to Chatrari is over a narrow mountain road with a cliff on one side and a gorge on the other side. Chatrari is a gaddi tribal village hidden up in the mountain. The ancient shakti devi temple in Chatrari village is worth visiting. Continue drive to Bharamaur where you visit the ancient Chaurasi temples. Later drive to Bharmani temple up above Bharmaur village where you camp in the open fields.
DAY-4: Bharmani - Kugti Village - Galotu 1 hour drive and 3 hours walk.
This day we enter Kugti wildlife sanctuary. It is an hour drive to Dharol, the last road head from where we walk to Kugti village. After visiting the village we continue walk to camping site at Galotu from where you have beautiful view of the high Himalayan peaks. Overnight stay in tents.
This day you take rest enjoying the view. Or walk upto the nearby mountain peak.
DAY-6: Galotu - Kugti - Dharol - Zhumar 3 hours walk and 4 hours drive
Walk back to the road-head and continue drive to your next destination. Zhumar is a small village up in Chamba valley. Enroute visit Chamund Devi temple from where you have most beautiful view of Chamba town and ravi river below. Overnight stay in tents.
DAY-7: Zhumar - Towards Sach Pass - Devikothi 6/7 hours drive
This day we drive into Churah valley, one of the most unexplored valleys in Himachal. Sach Pass is accessible only few months in a year (July to Sep) but before and after we can drive to the base till Satrundi. The area above Devikothi and below Sach pass is called valley of flowers. During July-Aug-Sep you find many species of alpine flowers in full bloom. Overnight stay near Devikothi, a small village in Churah valley.
DAY-8: Devikothi - Khajiar - Chamba Jot 4 hours drive and 3 hours walk
After breakfast drive down to the valley and continue your uphill drive to Khajiar, the most beautiful alpine meadow surrounded by tall deodar trees. Spend sometime walking on the meadow. After a short drive from Khajiar we reach the starting point of a most beautiful walk. It is 3 hours easy walk on top of Dhauladhar mountain with a superb parallel view of the high Himalayan peaks of Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas. You camp on top of Dhauladhar for overnight stay.
DAY-9: Chamba Jot - Kainthly 3 hours walk
We continue walk on top of Dhauladhar for sometime and then descend down through dense forest to Kainthly, another remote and unexplored valley in Himachal. Camp near a forest lodge in the middle of deodar trees.
DAY-10: Kainthly - Chowari - Dharamsala 2 hours walk and 3 hours drive
Walk down to the nearest road head a Chowari village and continue drive to Dharamsala. Check in Hotel. Afternoon visit Dalai Lama Temple and Tibetan market in Mcleod Ganj.
DAY-11: Dharamsala - Delhi
Transfer to airport in Dharamsala for flight to Delhi. End of the Tour.
Important Note :
- This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
- In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
- Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Himachal Trip Experts. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.
Hotels In Dharamshal-Mcleodganj
Nishaad Resorts Dharamshala/SIMILAR
Best Western Indraprastha Resort And Spa Hotel/SIMILAR
Hotels In Dalhousie-Khajjiar
Hotel Mini Swiss Khajjiar/SIMILAR
Himalayan Resorts Dalhousie/SIMILAR
How to book this tour
Himachal Trip Expert will come in to a contract with you after conformation of your booking. You can book this tour after paying at least 25% of the total tour Cost; remaining amount can be paid before the commencement of tour. Frequent customers may be exempted from the advance payment. The booking amount may be increased during the peak seasons.
The package is completely subject to availability at the time of making the booking. We do not hold any booking. The company will not be responsible for any Refund, Compensation or Claim for shortage of Tour Days or for Cancellation, Postponement, fog, Curfew and roadblock and landslides or any natural calamities beyond our control. The normal Cancellation charges will be applicable in such conditions. All Disputes will be subject to jurisdiction of courts in Shimla Only.
You can cancel Your Booking by email and request for Cancellation should receive our office by email from the person/representative of the person who made the booking.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days - the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days - the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It's purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peaks seasons, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation
Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.
Evergreen Himachal Tour & Travels
State Bank Of India
Evergreen Himachal Tour & Travels
Punjab National Bank